Tuesday, January 6, 2009

O tannenbaum

So for those of you who want to know which I don't who that is) Since it was our first Christmas in our new home I wanted to do something special for our tree something I hadn't bothered while we were in apartments - you know space and everyting. I have always wanted a old fashioned homemade country looking tree. However it is really hard to find those kind of decorations in the stores and even if I did I probably wouldn't pay the outrageous price. So I made all of my Christmas tree decorations. Even though it took two weeks I was really excited and dedicated to getting it done. It was really pretty easy. I just drew a pattern on a file folder, then traced on the fabric and sewed. The thing that took the longest were the stars where I did a decorative stitch on the outer perimeter. For the red balls I bought some cheap glitter balls at hobby lobby (love that store) made a square and tied it at the top with some jute. Somehow I think it looked better in real life than in picutres.

1 comment:

Christine Mains said...

So Beautiful. I love your tree. You did a wonderful Job, my mother loves the old country style for decor. I know what you mean about being excited about having your first tree in your first house. We spent way too much money on our first tree last year, but when I look at the pics I am so glad we spent the money.